Friday, July 20, 2012

Dinner and an Umbrella


Last night was my last night in Miami.  One of my friends made dinner reservations at a new Miami hot spot called Juvia.  We were waiting for a cab outside the hotel and the door man asked where we were headed.  I said that we were going to Juvia.  
“You’re going to need an umbrella,” he said in return.  
I must have looked at him funny because he repeated himself.  
“You’re going to need an umbrella.”  
I looked up and saw only blue sky.  But I was in Miami after all, and several times during the week black clouds had blown through in minutes, turing a picture perfect day into a torrential downpour.  
“Really?” I responded.  “Is it supposed to rain?”
He laughed, finally understanding my confusion and said, “no, Juvia means rain in Spanish.”
If only all downpours were as delicious as Miami’s Juvia!

No comments:

Post a Comment