Friday, September 14, 2012

Forgetful Jones...er, Joy

Yesterday I learned several things, I'm sure.  The problem is that I cannot remember them.  I have spent several hours trying to jog my memory to remind myself of the clever and interesting nuggets of information that I stumbled upon yesterday without success.  I am sure that, could I remember them, these factoids would be both exciting and noteworthy.  If only they had been a tad bit more memorable.

This struggle to remember what I had clearly captured my interest yesterday reminded me of one of my favorite characters from Sesame Street, Forgetful Jones.  For those of you who don't remember (the irony is not lost, trust me) Forgetful Jones was a cowboy with a very bad memory.  In one very memorable scene Forgetful Jones is trying to sing the theme song from Oklahoma but cannot remember the first letter of the word.  Over several takes, in my opinion, hilarity ensues.  I will let you make up your own mind, on this point...while I try to remember what I'm going to write about tomorrow.

Forgetful Jones Sings Oklahoma

No comments:

Post a Comment